Friday 16 December 2016

Farmer's Wife 1930s Quilt Blocks 59, 60, 63 and 64


Time for another four blocks from the 1930s Farmer’s Wife quilt .....
                               
Block 59 – Mary.  I thought I might make this block scrappy but after looking at the balance of blocks I realised I needed more blue and more yellow. It pays to lay your blocks out when you have complete fifty or so, turn away and then turn back to look at them.  What colours do you need more of to provide balance and cohesion?
Farmer's Wife 1930s Block 59 - Mary
  
Block 60 – Mary Gray.  Here is something very unusual – no notes in my book just a date - 20 May 2016. I think we can assume that this block was straightforward as well otherwise there would be scribbling.
Farmer's Wife 1930s Block 60 - Mary Gary

Block 63 – Mollie.  This is my most recent block – made just a few days ago when I was poorly and stuck at home.  Notes in book read “home with sore throat – paper-pieced easily”.  It should also read ‘felt so much better for doing a little sewing’.
Farmer's Wife 1930s Block 63 - Mollie

Block 64 – Monette.  Ooh-la-la. The templates on the CD are not sized correctly so I patched and paper-pieced this block.  I paper-pieced the four corners and patched them together.  Mon amie – c’est bonne, n’est-ce pas? 
Farmer's Wife 1930s Block 64 - Monette
I still have three blocks to make and a few more to blog about.  So until next time ......

No comments:

Post a Comment