Saturday 13 August 2016

The Splendid Sampler blocks 48, 49, 50, 51 and 52

Courthouse Steps Sidebar meets The Splendid Sampler block 52.

I have been having even more fun with The Splendid Sampler blocks:

Block 48 – ‘Whim’ designed by Faith Jones of Fresh Lemon QuiltsThis 6” block is a lovely quick paper-piecing block – perfect for beginner and experienced paper-pieces.  Great for using up some charm squares and scraps.
The Splendid Sampler Block 48 - Whim

Block 49 – ‘Summer’s Gift’ designed by Karla over at Sweetwater Fabrics.  This is a cut-out applique block.  The background is simply patched from four HST and the applique is laid over the top.  And what is more, it doesn’t matter if the seams don’t match on your patched background – it won’t show. 
The Splendid Sampler Block 49 - Summer's Gift

Block 50 – ‘Flights of Fancy’ – a Fig Tree & Co block.  There are quite a few pieces in this 6” block so I took a shortcut with the middle.  I patched it using four 2.5” squares and then cut it on the diagonal to create the quarter-triangle middle.  Cool eh?  
The Splendid Sampler Block 50 - Flights of Fancy

Block 51 – ‘Bee Happy’.  I had great fun with this English paper-pieced (EPP) block if you ignore that pesky little hexie flower!   I EPPed the bee but the sides of the large hexie weren’t straight enough for me, so I undid the outer seams and machine pieced it in place.   
The Splendid Sampler Block 51 - Bee Happy

Block 52 – ‘Coneflower’.  This was an easy-peasy applique block designed by Pat Sloan.  So easy I had plenty of time to add a Courthouse Steps sidebar from my One Block Mug Rugs book and turned it into a mug rug.  It is nesting my coffee cup as I type.   
The Splendid Sampler Block 52 - Coneflower

If you want to turn some of your Splendid Sampler blocks into mug rugs for yourself or for gifts then check out my One Block Mug Rugs book.
JUST $9.99

And if you want to see my Splendid Sampler blocks together just pop over to my Splendid Sampler Pinterest board.

Until next time ......... 

No comments:

Post a Comment