Thursday 20 August 2015

Patchwork Cow Mug Rug and Daisy Cow Blocks

Patchsmith's Patchwork Cow Mug Rug
I’ve been joining in the Farm Girl Vintage sew-along over on Instagram.  It is great fun and is based on Lori Holt’s wonderful Farm Girl Vintage book.

It was this sew-along which gave me the idea for my latest pattern – the Patchwork Cow Mug Rug and Block pattern.   You see, to date we have had a Butter Churn block ....
Farm Girl Vintage Butter Churn Block

.....and a Milking Day block ......
Farm Girl Vintage Milking Day Block

but no cow block.  So I created one ....


– in both 6” and 12” sizes.  I then turned the 6” block into a mug rug which will look so good with my Farm Girl Vintage sampler quilt when I finish it.   
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1068283&b=253536&m=29190&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Ecraftsy%2Ecom%2Fpattern%2Fquilting%2Fhome%2Ddecor%2Fpatchwork%2Dcow%2Dmug%2Drug%2Dand%2Dblocks%2F160572
Both blocks are included with the mug rug pattern.

Since then Lori Holt has told me she is going to bring out a Milking Cow block later this year to go with all the other Farm Girl Vintage blocks.  I just know I will like her block as well and can’t wait to make it. 

Until next time .......

14 comments:

  1. Hello Amanda! Love your cow block and mug rug.... so very cute! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine. I had to 'sleep on it' a couple of times until my brain came up with parts of the design.

      Delete
  2. This is an absolutely adorable block, and it's so versatile. Look at how many star and flower blocks are out there - you need NEVER apologize for coming up with a fantastic quilt block. Thank the good Lord that there are many creative minds out there, to feed our souls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. You are right of course. Just like flowers and stars, there are many different types of cow and I do look forward to seeing more 'cow' patchwork blocks.

      Delete
  3. What a sweet and delightful cow mug rug design, Amanda!
    She has such a cute expression on her little face. And I can't help but giggle at her belly!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE! I just read today that Farm Girl Vintage classes were yielding a cow block to be purchased at the Fat Quarter Shop eventually. I checked to see the block and didn't find a cow block on Instagram. I thought this is IT ... but it YOUR cute cow block. I am so impressed with your design! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Lori will release her cow block at her next sewing retreat in October. It is sure to be super cute too. The more cows the better don't you think?

      Delete
    2. I love your cow block and just finished downloading and printing this adorable block. Thank you so much for designing this. It fits right in. I got Lori's Penny Pig block pattern, she is so cute. Yes to more cows! How could a Farm girl have too many cows? No such thing! Beautiful work! I can hardly wait to add her to my quilts.

      Delete
  5. Your block is just so nice! Love it! And your mug rug is cute as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vera. Love making mug rugs - so much so that I am addicted to them.
      xxx

      Delete
  6. Your blocks are so perfect Amanda and your little cow is so adorable that I ran right over to Craftsy and purchased your pattern! Pinned it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lara. I am seeing quite a few of my cows popping up on Instagram - they look so cute in all their different fabrics. What fun!
      I hope you enjoy the pattern.
      xxx

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, I'm in love with this little cow! I saw your link on Amy's blog and had to check it out, I'm so glad I did. You're very talented and you've come up with such an adorable block.

    I finished my Farm Girl Vintage sampler quilt before Lori released any of the additional blocks, so now I'm waiting patiently for all of them so I can sew another one with my favorites. In the mean time, I am definitely sewing up your cow mug rug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie, I hope you enjoy the pattern. The Farm Girl Vintage book is so good. I will use it for a long time to come. I know you will enjoy Lori's additional blocks - she is a very talented designer.
      xxx

      Delete