Friday 23 January 2015

Scrappy 2015 – time to destash those scraps

2015 is the year of the fabric scrap and I am on the lookout for anything that helps me destash my scraps.  So I didn’t think twice when accepting the Sew-My-Stash first challenge of the year – a Valentine project using nothing but little more than scraps.
Country Love Hearts Mug Rug
Obviously it had to be a mug rug – I am the Patchsmith after all!  What better way than to update my Love Hearts Mug Rug pattern using nothing but pink, turquoise and red scraps.  The background for the hearts is a rogue charm square that was languishing in the bottom of my scrap box - even the binding is from off-cuts.
I'm get the feeling that Scrappy 2015 is going to be a year full of fabric, fun and friends. We are only three weeks into the year and I've had so much fun already.

If you want to join in this Sew My Stash challenge you better get your skates on - all projects should be finished by the end of Sunday 25th January.  But don't worry - you can always join in the next one.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! Love your beautiful updated 'Love Hearts' mug rugs! Note to self: Must make some more mug rugs!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pattern for LOVE and hearts is the perfect match for a Sew My Stash and scrappy challenge! I love these hearts !!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use your stash...you've risen to the challenge! I always like the way you use hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, thanks for bringing this up. we'll see if I manage to make something myself :)

    ReplyDelete