|Block 17 from Japanese Taupe Quilts|
|Patchiqué Block 17 - Patchsmith Style|
The appliqué block, Block 84 ‘Yamabuki’ (Kerria rose) was also a very simple block to put together using quick fuse appliqué.
templates are to size for quick fuse applique but it does use quite a lot of fusible webbing. In order to cut this down (it is so, so expensive) I cut out the
middle section from the fusible webbing tracing of the largest circular
template and used it for the small centre template. What I also found a little surprising was how difficult it was to cut so many curves accurately.
|Block 84 from Japanese Taupe Quilts|
|Patchiqué Block 84 - Patchsmith Style|
So nothing much to report on the trail this weekend – no tigers or bears - just another two blocks - making twenty Patchiqué blocks to date. I laid them out to see how they would go together and I was pleasantly surprised by the prettiness of this quilt. The addition of sashing and posts will bring the whole thing together but more about that next time.
Sew until next fortnight when I will be stitching Blocks 16 and 94 .....