Sunday 8 September 2013

Halloween Pumpkin Faces

I should've been working on other things - lots of others things.  But instead I got side-tracked with Halloween pumpkins!  If you have been with me from the start then you will remember one of my early mug rug patterns - the autumnal Pumpkin Patch mug rug. 



Well, ever since I made this colourful little quiltie I have had an inkling to turn it into a Halloween mug rug. And for some reason - I know not why - today was the perfect time.    

The Halloween faces - incl with Pumpkin Patch pattern

So how does a harmless little mug rug turn into a chilling specimen?  It’s easy – you can either cast a spell or pop over to my Etsy shop where you will find the Patchsmith's Pumpkin Patch pattern which includes the spooky Halloween templates.  Then all you’ll need is a 4” square of fusible webbing and a 4” square of black linen/cotton.  Oh and the magic fingers of a sewist – of course.

One pattern – two great looks.  How chilling is that?

7 comments:

  1. I just have to smile looking at those. Great faces :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh! Scary!! I think I'll opt for the autumn version : ) Looking good Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever way to turn our pumpkins into Jack-O-Lanterns!
    Thank you for a lovely template pattern!!

    I love those fabrics for Halloween!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both versions! The night background is fun for the lanterns. Wouldn't that be a fun gift for a dentist?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute mug rug patterns. Just HAD to bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad this motley duo didn't scare you off!

      Delete